Wednesday, December 31, 2008

God has blessed my family and more..


Last week we got word that my cousin Marielle,15, had to postpone her kidney transplant and find a new donor because the live donor match that had looked promising was rejected at the last minute. It was found out that the donor has diabetes and it instantly cancelled him out from donating a kidney to her. Well 2 nights ago as I was sitting on the couch watching Lord of the Rings, I get a call from my mother. A kidney has been found for Marielle and that they are going to Philadelphia to due the transplant immediately. I started praying right away. I wish that I could have been there but due to my cold and driving to Philadelphia at 10 pm I had to stay home. Marielle had her 2 diseased kidneys removed and a new kidney put in. She is doing great so far. I am so thankful to God and to the family that donated their loved ones organs. My 15 year old cousin now has a chance to live again. This is no ordinary girl. She had a liver transplant at 9 months old and now a kidney transplant. She is a wonderful, caring person and is as sweet as sugar. I pray that the kidney continues to take and not reject and that in June she will be able to celebrate her Sweet Sixteen with her friends and family and not in a hospital room.
I ask of all my friends to pray for Marielle and her parents. They need strengh and courage to continue to face the challenges ahead. I thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

No comments: