Yup, got a job. I will be working on med/surg floor in a local hospital. It wasn't the hospital I wanted to work at first but God works in mysterious ways and well who am I to question His will? I've always said that God will place me where he feels I should be. I'm just riding the wave. I'm cool with that plus I finally get to buy any type of scrubs I want. I've been wearing an all white uniform for the past 2 years. I call it the marshmallow suit. No, I'm not sharing pics because I never took a pic in them. Lol.
Now onto these goals. I was inspired by Little Lovelies by Allison blog post about her 2013 Monthly goals. She was able to accomplish them all. So awesome.
So I've learned a few thing about goals using SMART goals. We used them in nursing school for patient care goals. They can be used for any goal setting so don't worry.
Specific: what is it that you want to do?
Measurable: Put a number on it. How many are you going to do of that specific task?
Attainable: How will you do it? How are you going to do it?
Relevant: Can it be done? Is it worth being done?
Time-Bound: How long will it take to accomplish this goal? When will it be completed by?
For a patient that is in the hospital we use these goals all the time. Such as The patient will walk in the hallway (Smart) three times (measurable) with assistance (attainable) by the end of the day (time-bound). The goal is relevant. In the hospital we are always working towards independence and getting patients moving. Obviously, if the patient were bed bound this would not be relevant.
Okay, I'm sure you are done with me being a nerd. Lol.
My February Goals
1. Study NCLEX material everyday for 5 hours. I will be taking my boards at the end of the month, this is my most important goal of February.
2. Go to the gym 4 days a week. I've been sick all week and haven't went in over a week. I'm going to regret it when I go back.
3. Run 10 miles on the treadmill by the end of the month. I walk a lot but not run. I will be running a 5K in the spring with my nursing school friends. Time to get training.
4. Do one sewing project by the end of the month. I am dying to do some crafting. Feel guilty because I should be studying.
5. Spend money on only food, bills and essentials for the month of February. My husband and I made a goal to not spend any money in February that wasn't necessary. We need to pay down some bills. We want to see how it goes so that we can make bigger impact on decreasing our debt.
6. Reduce time on the internet to one hour a day by the end of February. I spend way to much time on the internet, specifically Pinterest.
7. Write two blog posts in the month of February (not including this post). I wish it were more but due to Goal #1 it has to remain small.
So I think these goals are attainable and can be done. I'll let you all know how they go. Do you make monthly goals? Any tips on any of these goals would be appreciated. Please share!
Have a wonderful weekend!!