Friday, January 4, 2013

Word of the Year 2013

Last year I assigned the word "check" as the word of the year. I felt that 2012 would be a year of checking things off my list of assignments, clinical days, exams and such in order to reach the end nursing school and to graduate with my BSN and become a nurse. I learned early on in the year how to organize my life using a day planner. It helped me to focus on the tasks that needed to be completed and recognize those sneaky little time wasters that cause me to lose track of time. I learned how to study better too by breaking down my time. I would spend hours reading and not take in any information. I learned how to study efficiently and what I really needed to learn. So let's just say, the check system worked for me. I still use it in everyday life. I'm a list maker. I can't help it. I need to do it.

So what is my word for 2013:
Change
Yup, Change, not money change but a life change.   I will be facing a lot of "change" in my life this year. Sometimes "change" is scary but for me, I'm so used to change that I'm quite comfortable with it and am excited of all the "change" that will be coming my way.

 I will be working as a nurse somewhere soon.  It has been my dream to work as a nurse since I was a young child. I'm so thankful to God that he allowed me the opportunity to go back to school and achieve my education and put me on the path to a new career. I don't have a job yet, I don't know where I will work. I will be applying to hospitals after the New Year. I'm leaving it up to God to where he wants me to be. I have followed his path thus far and he has not steered me wrong.

My daughter will be graduating from high school in the spring and leaving for college in the Fall. I won't say that this has not saddened me because it has. My children are my first priority in life. I feel like I breath because they breath. As scared as I am to let my baby leave the nest it that I know I have done the best that I can as a parent. I, was and still am not a perfect parent but I try to teach my children all that they need to know and still allow them to learn their own lessons. I am confident that I raised a smart young woman that will do wonderful things in her life. She makes me proud everyday. I'm so blessed.

 Oh and let's not forget my life changing decision to take care of me. I need to learn to become healthy and accept the thought of taking care of myself since my career will be about taking care of others and when I'm home I take care of my family. My husband and children gave me a gym membership and fitness classes for Christmas.  How will I ever manage all the big and small changes in my life? I have a feeling a lot of prayers will be done.

Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Many Blessings too!
Jess

No comments: