Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Working on me.

My stinky sneakers.
You might be wondering why I would post a picture of my sneakers, right? Well, I made a decision to work on me after nursing school. I want to take care of me. I gained some weight while in nursing school but I was overweight to begin with so I can't blame being overweight and unhealthy on nursing school.

Still going with the change mantra for 2013! This pic can be purchased on etsy here.
I have been slowly incorporating a veggies and fruits into my diet. I go to the gym everyday with my daughter (love her because she gives me dirty looks when I complain). My body is in tons of pain. I'm having a love/hate relationship with the pain and the gym. I know that in order for my body to become strong I will have to endure some pain. I love those endorphin's! I feel so energized and my mood is pleasant. My husband loves it. LOL.  I've actually been following a lot of workout plans that are found on Pinterest. Check out my workout board here. I have been doing a lot of exercises I have not done in the past. I am getting off of the treadmill and pumping iron with the boys.

 We plan on buying a juicer this week so we can start to juice fruits and veggies. I'm so excited! If I find any tasty recipes I promise to share them. My husband and I watched two interesting movies on Netflix called Hungry for Change and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  It was rather interesting to learn about  how food works in our bodies and the importance of eating well and exercise. If you have the opportunity to watch either one or both do so. I have an understanding of most of what was discussed in both movies but my husband who is not a diet nut or a nurse does not.  My husband learned about the dangers of diet soda. No matter how much I tell him that it is not calorie free and really not good for him he had to hear it from someone else. My husband is a diabetic and thinks he can drink diet soda and it won't affect his blood glucose. I think he was in denial for a long time. I pray that he makes a commitment to himself to take care of himself too.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week! 

Jess


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go, girl! Way to motivate yourself. And the juicer sounds awesome. My Father-in-Law got one for Christmas and whipped us up a bunch of fruit and veggie smoothies for breakfast. I was surprised, but I actually liked them. I need more fruit and veggies in my diet, and that's a great way to do it.