Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Got in the mood...

Well I have been so lazy lately and really have not wanted to go down to the basement where my craft space is located because of the cold. So last night I got off my fat ass and put the space heater on near my desk and went to town on making 3 cards and an altered address book. I made the 3 cards for challenges in various groups and the address book I had and decided that I wanted to alter something.
Enjoy and have a great day!





This card was made for the sketch challenge over at PCP. I was so happy that I finally got to use my new stamp. This stamp is "Rumor Has It." from stampingbella.com. They are so cute.



This was a sketch challenge in the Addicted to Bellas group on Cafemom. Thanks so much Dee for a great sketch. I love ribbon, so when I saw the stripes, I instantly thought ribbon. I also used my new cuttlebug for the scallop and for the embossed pink cardstock. I truly love that cuttlebug. The image is Cupcakeabella from Stampingbella.com. I got the image in a swap and couldn't wait to use it. I know your seeing a trend. I love Bellas and the other great stamps at stampingbella.




The dragonfly card was made for a challenge for the Cute Critters Club at Cafemom. The sketch was really easy and took me no time at all to do. I used a dragonfly image that was sent to me. I believe it is an SU stamp.
Well, I was at my mothers during Thanksgiving and was cleaning up all of her junk. She is a shopaholic and buys things that she will never use. Why? I don't know. So anyway she had this address book and it was kinda ugly. I asked her why she wasn't using it. She told me that she bought another one instead. So I took the address book home with the intention of altering it and making it mine. I so desperately need a new one anyway. I didn't want to over do it with this book. I wanted a beautiful book but still simple. I didn't use many materials to do this either. I used 2 sheets of patterned paper from Basic Grey. Sorry don't know the name of it. I really don't read the names of the paper. After carefully cutting out the paper to fit the cover I cut the leftover flower and leaves. I cut and pasted the paper on and then proceeded to add the flower. I wanted it to have dimension so I added pop dots underneath and cut around the petals with a craft knife. I added some ribbon on the spine and a safety pin with a pewter heart charm to give it just a little bit more prettiness. I added a rhinestone for the center of the big flower on top and outlined the leaves and the bottom flower with Stickles. I love Stickles. Don't they just make everything just a little bit more pretty. I sure think so.


No comments: