Friday, July 15, 2011

Not Giving up or better yet giving in..

So when I started nursing school this past December I was given some bad news I didn't want to hear. I was told that I would have to give up things that I loved and enjoyed.  I won't say that they said it to me in those exact words but that was the message.  So I struggled so hard to decide what to give up and what not to give up.  In reality, everything fell to the waste side and nursing school became a priority above all things, including my family.

This past June I gave my daughter a much belated and deserved Sweet 16 party (I'll put up pictures one day, they need to get edited).  It wasn't big. It was in our backyard.  I loved how the night went. The candle dedication service was great. I looked great.  In my heart, I was happy for a few hours.  I cried afterwards.
So, I know that I have to give up things I like to do, things I enjoy, but the hardest thing to do is give up your family.  Everyday it is a fight to even out my time with my family and my studies.  I know that in a year and a half I will be out of school.  I will be able to give them the time they deserve when I am home. Truly can't wait for that day!!

I also miss doing things that make me happy.  Does blogging and reading blogs or crafting make you happy? It does for me.  Unfortunately, I'm finding it difficult to be able to do any of those.  I will not be giving up or giving in.. I refuse. What is life worth if you cannot enjoy the people and the pleasures you love? We only live once and life is short.  It is a simple concept of balance.  I need to find my balance between school and the rest of my life.

So please don't think I'm gone, I'm not.  I check in here and there.  On weeks when I'm not bogged down with tons of studying I will post or read blogs.  Thanks for sticking with me. Thank you for all those who blog so I have something to read to get my mind off of school work.

Continue to have a great summer. BTW, go see Harry Potter, I saw it today on IMAX 3D and it was AWESOME!

Jessica
P.S. I listened to my professors lecture on my recorder hooked up the stereo in the car all the way to the movie theater to make up for the time spent watching the movie. My daughter and her boyfriend got to learn about asthma medications. LOL.

No comments: