Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Family time on the farm

Sometimes the hardest thing for me is not being able to spend quality family time together. Everyone is so busy all the time. It was nice to get together with my in-laws yesterday along with my husband and 2 of my 3 kids and go apple and pumpkin picking.

Here are a few pics to enjoy.
Strawberry Acres Farm in Coplay, Pa

My family getting ready to pick some apples.


These are Matsu apples. Due to all the rain in the last couple of months they are spotted. 


My daughter and husband taste testing the apples. The sign said that is was fine to sample the apples, just don't make it a meal. The apples got thumbs up from my family. I didn't taste test because my hands were full holding the box of apples and the camera. 

Here is our lot. We didn't get to many because I didn't want to over do it. I did pick up baking apples at the little store at the farm but can't for the life of me remember the name of them.

My daughter pulling my son up to the pumpkin patch.

My son finding me the perfect pumpkin. 

My son felt it was time to take a break so he sat on a pumpkin. 

Must say that the pumpkins were all so great that it was hard to pick the perfect one. We did get 2 though. I was told recently by a patient who owns a farm that pumpkins took a bad hit this year with all the rain. Most farms were bringing in pumpkins from different states because they were not able to grow enough to size without rot. 

My son and I. I just adore our time together. 

This is a view of the farm store. My son is actually jumping of a bail of hay.  










Thanks for stopping by.

Come back tomorrow for my first Weigh In Wednesday.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your family is so beautiful! The farm looks like a wonderful place to spend an afternoon! I love places like that. My husband & I are going to pick pumpkins at a farm on Sunday, I'm excited!